2018 LOTTERY REGISTRATION (FREE) BEGINS
NOV 1 @ 12:00AM (US-CST) &
ENDS NOV 14 @ 11:59PM (US-CST).
Entry into the 2018 Alaskaman Extreme Triathlon will be done via lottery draw. Free registration for the 2018 AKXTRI lottery will begin at 12:00am (USCST) on Wednesday, November 1 and end 2-weeks later at 11:59pm (US-CST) on November 14, 2018. This lottery has unlimited spots but is limited to the timeframe above.
We will have 300 spots to the race we will randomly award to lucky winners drawn from all lottery entries. The first 100 of those 300 spots will be allocated to a separate pool and awarded randomly to Alaska Residents, 2017 finishers, support, and volunteers. Assuming we have more than 100 people in that separate pool we will then take anyone that was not been selected to receive those spots and move them into the general pool for the remaining 200 spots, giving them a second chance at the draw. In the unlikely event that we have more spots left (of the 100) than we do entrants in that side pool, we will move the leftover spots into the pool of 200 increasing those odds. The remaining 200 (of 300) spots are open and available to anyone from anywhere.
Race entry is $500 USD. Basic payment information is required at time of lottery registration but you are not charged unless you are selected. If you are selected from the draw you will be notified via email sometime between Wednesday, November 15, 2018 and Wednesday, November 22, 2018. We will notify all lottery entrants either way to let them know whether or not they were selected. Please note that if you are selected your card will be automatically charged and that we have a strict no refund, deferral, or transfer policy, for any reason, without exception. Before registering be sure you read all about Alaskaman and are sure you want to participate, you have support (or will have support) and that you are truly up for the challenge.
SLOT ALLOCATION & PRICING SCHEDULE
ALASKAMAN SLOT ALLOCATION (OF 320)
REGISTRATION FEE SCHEDULE
GENERAL ENTRIES - $500 (300 Spots)
PROFESSIONAL ENTRIES - $250 (10 Spots) - Must have a valid Pro/Elite License issued by your country's governing body.
DIRECTOR'S CHOICE ENTRIES - $0-$500 (10 Spots) - Price of the director's choice entries depends on who it's going to and for what purpose. If these are not filled prior to sellout they will be available to sponsors and those who apply for them and are accepted.
None of these items will be mailed or given out before or after the packet pickup times listed on the schedule of events page. You must pick up your own packet and you must be present to claim your packet. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Unclaimed packets will either be discarded or reused next year (if possible).
(1) Event Entry
(1) Silicone Swim Cap - logo and number printed on each side. Bright orange for visibility. Neoprene caps are encouraged for warmth but the bright orange event silicone cap must be worn over it (outside) at all times.
(1) TriTats Swim Cap Sticker - This sticker is to be worn on the front of the swim cap at all times during the swim.
(1) Temporary Set of TriTats Body Marking Tattoos - Upper arms or forearms on skin
(3) TriTats Bike Helmet Numbers - Front and both sides
(1) TriTats Bike Frame Sticker - Wrap around seat post
(2) TriTats Bike/Run Bib Numbers - All athletes must wear their bib number reversed on the ride and to the front on the run. You can use the same one for both or use one for the ride and the other (identical one) for the run.
(1) Phone Communication & Tracking - All athletes must have their cell phone on them and charged at all times. All athletes must download the Race Joy app and have it enabled/on at the start of the bike so we can track them along the way. If your phone is known to die over the length of time you estimate it will take you to finish the event, we suggest carrying a small external battery cell and charging cord (mandatory on last 7 miles).
(1) Wristband - It will be how we verify athletes in transition and along the way on event day. Please also wear this to Sunday brunch if you’re attending in order to claim your finisher’s items. Those wishing to eat the provided brunch must purchase tickets. The wristband does not constitute an event day dinner or day after brunch meal, both must be separately purchased.
• (1) Finisher's Shirt - Bright orange male/female sized Under Armour brand tech shirts.
The following awards will be given to the overall male and female winners.
There are no age group awards.
- 1st Place Overall Male/Female - Award
- 2nd Place Overall Male/Female Winner(s) - Award
- 3rd Place Overall Male/Female Winner(s) - Award
- 1st Place Overall Male/Female Masters Winner(s) - Award
There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals of any kind for any reason. HOWEVER, our registration provider does offer an option for each registrant to purchase registration insurance through their 3rd party provider, Allianz. This add-on costs an extra $30-35 during registration but offers each participant the option of getting a full refund, for a number of reasons. A number of restrictions apply. CLICK HERE to review every reason covered their insurance policy. Claims are filed through the third-party provider (Allianz) and have no affiliation with Alaskaman. No transfers or deferrals of any kind are permitted. Weather and forest fires would be the main reasons a cancelation could possibly occur. VERY IMPORTANT - BE AWARE - Although rare and not something we are obviously planning on, we urge EVERYONE to get the additional insurance to cover their registration AND trip insurance (most online booking companies offer this) incase an act of nature leads to cancelation of the event. Better safe than sorry.