PACKET PICKUP LOCATION
- Alaska SeaLife Center
Upstairs and to the right in the conference center.
301 Railway Avenue
Seward, AK 99664
PACKET PICKUP TIMES
- Packet Pickup Day 1
Thursday, July 19, 2018
- Packet Pickup Day 2
Friday, July 20, 2018
PACKET PICKUP RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDS - All athletes will be required to show a government issued photo ID to pickup your packet (driver’s license or Passport preferred). Onsite proof of an annual or 1-day USA Triathlon license is not necessary as our registration system auto verifies at time of registration.
YOU MUST PICKUP YOUR PACKET - All athletes must pick up their own packet in person during packet pickup hours. There is no event day packet pickup. No exceptions.
ATHLETE AGE DETERMINATION - The athlete's age is determined by how old they are at the end of that event year (12/31/XX).
WHO IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND PACKET PICKUP AND THE PRE RACE BRIEFING - All athletes and their support team captains are required to checkin to packet pickup TOGETHER and to be at the pre-race briefing TOGETHER, no exceptions. We would prefer that if an athlete has more than one support team member that all team members come to packet pickup together and sign the paperwork. The athlete, and ALL support team members MUST sign the support waiver. However, do realize that in some situations the entire team may not be able to make it. It's mandatory the athlete and captain checkin together but if the rest of the team (if more than just those two) cannot make it, the athlete should send the support team waiver to the other member(s), have them fill it out and sign it, and the athlete or support team captain may turn those absentee waiver forms on their behalf during packet pickup.
MOUNTAIN RUN PACK INSPECTION - All athletes are required to show at least one run pack for inspection at packet pickup complete with all mandatory items for the last 10 miles of the run. Ideally we would like to see the packs of both the athlete and their support runner (both have to have their own pack) but we realize that some of you have a different support captain than support runner and if you're support runner and captain aren't the same and your runner isn't at packet pickup it makes it hard to see their pack. Bring both packs if you can but it's mandatory for us to at least see the mountain run pack of the athlete.
USAT ATHLETE, SUPPORT, & VOLUNTEER WAIVER(S) + ALYESKA WAIVER - Below you will find detailed descriptions of each required waiver. Below that the buttons to download, print, complete/sign them, if you wish to do so going into packet pickup. Know that if you wish to complete/sign the waivers at packet pickup we will have blank copies of each on a table just inside the conference room before you get your packet. Either way works. If not all of your support team can come with you to packet pickup (captain is required) then you MUST have a printed, completed/signed copy of both the SUPPORT and the MOUNTAIN waivers with you for each of your support members not in attendance with you at packet pickup. Please see below for more details on each waiver.
The ATHLETE WAIVER must be completed/signed on printed paper and handed in at packet pickup by the athlete. You can download, print, and complete the waiver ahead of time or you can do it onsite at packet pickup (we will have blank printouts). Athletes MUST also complete/sign and turn in the Alyeska Waiver to be permitted to race.
The SUPPORT & VOLUNTEER WAIVER must be filled out by ALL support team members wishing to be support to their athlete. Technically we are considering support team members as "volunteers." This is NOT just the mountain running section support that's required to complete and turn in this waiver. If you plan on supporting your athlete in any way other than just cheering, throughout the day, at any point, you are considered support and MUST sign and turn in a physical copy of the waiver. You can download, print, and complete the waiver ahead of time or you can do it onsite at packet pickup (we will have blank printouts). Remember the only individuals that are required to show up in person at packet pickup are the athlete AND the support team captain. If you are not either of those (additional support but not the captain), you can show up with them, OR you can fill this out and sign it and send it with them to turn in on your behalf. Remember that physically printed and signed copies are required for ALL support team members. Also remember that in addition to the Support & Volunteer Waiver ALL support must also sign the Alyeska Waiver to be able to participate. Both waivers must be turned in by all support. THIS WAIVER IS ALSO REQUIRED TO BE FILLED OUT AND SIGNED BY ALL REGULAR EVENT VOLUNTEERS.
The ALYESKA WAIVER must be filled out by EVERYONE that steps onto Alyeska property. "Property' includes the T2/Finish Area at Day Lodge Parking Lot as well as any support running on the course mountain or otherwise. If you are a registered athlete, support team member, volunteer, or staff member, you MUST complete, sign, and turn in the Alyeska Waiver.
ALL ATHLETES MUST complete/sign and turn in the Athlete Waiver & Alyeska Waiver.
ALL SUPPORT & VOLUNTEERS MUST complete/sign and turn in the Support & Volunteer Waiver & Alyeska Waiver.
Fill out "red dot" areas, sign "X" areas.
ATHLETE & SUPPORT PACKET ITEMS (DELIVERABLES) + DIAGRAMS BELOW
None of these items will be mailed or given out before or after the packet pickup days/times. You must pick up your own packet and you must be present to claim your packet. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Unclaimed packets will either be discarded or reused next year (if possible). Each athlete's support captain must be present with the athlete at time of packet pickup (checkin). If an athlete has more than one person on their support team the remaining members may also be present but if they are not able they may sign a waiver and send it with the athlete to turn in on their behalf. Click images to download and enlarge.
(1) Athlete - Silicone Swim Cap - logo and number printed on each side. Bright orange for visibility. Neoprene caps are encouraged for warmth but the bright orange event silicone cap must be worn over it (outside) at all times.
(1) Athlete - Temporary Set of Body Marking Tattoos - Upper arms or forearms on skin. Allow at least a few minutes to dry before putting on your wetsuit over them.
(3) Athlete - Bike Helmet Numbers - Helmet stickers are to be worn on the front and both sides of the helmet.
(2) Athlete - Bike Frame Stickers - Bike frame stickers go on either your seat post/tube, top tube, down tube, or head tube. Pretty much anywhere EXCEPT the fork chain or seat stays. Once you identify where is most visible of the choices above (preferred choices listed in the order we would like) please match the sticker placement on both sides of the bike.
(4) Athlete - Extra Stickers - Sticker sheets have 10 per sheet. We use 6 so you have 4 extra for whatever you want to use them for.
(2) Athlete - Bike/Run Bib Numbers - All athletes must wear their bib number reversed on the ride and to the front on the run. You can use the same one for both or use one for the ride and the other (identical one) for the run if the bike one gets messed up or you just want to use a new one for the run. We don't care if you use just one, or both throughout the race as long as your number is visible at all times.
(1) Athlete - Orange Wristband - It will be how we verify athletes in transition and along the way on event day. Please also wear this to Sunday brunch if you’re attending in order to claim your finisher’s items. Those wishing to eat the provided brunch must purchase tickets. The wristband does not constitute an event day dinner or day after brunch meal, both must be separately purchased.
(1) Support Team - Green Shirt - We give the support team captain a green t-shirt at packet pickup. If your team has more than one support team member we recommend ordering the shirt size of the largest member so that when/if the shirt is exchanged throughout the day, it fits everyone on your team. Only one shirt is given per team. We will sell any additional shirts we have at the brunch the next day. The 1 support shirt is to be worn by whomever is helping the athlete out of the water, through T1, and through T2. This can be the same person the entire time or the shirt can be switched and it can be different support team members as long as the person doing it has the shirt on.
(1) Support Team - Green Wristband - We also give the support team captain a green wristband. The 1 wristband is to be worn by whomever is running the last 10 mandatory miles (or more) with the athlete. At packet pickup we will simply give this wristband to the athlete/support captain that way if the captain isn't the support runner and the support runner isn't there, the captain can pass it off to the support runner. If more than one support runner is running with the athlete, for example one runner is running the first 16.5 (non mandatory) and one runner is running the last 10 (mandatory) we suggest that the wristband is secured with a safety pin instead (available at packet pickup) of the built in snap so it can be exchanged between runners at mountain checkin.
(2) Support Team - Car Stickers - We will give each athlete/support captain 2 stickers in their packet. One will be included on the 10 sticker sheet (small 2"x4") and simply have the athlete's number. This small sticker goes on the front windshield, bottom right. The other sticker will be a half page sticker (large 8.5"x11") and will go on the back windshield, bottom left corner. Neither sticker should hinder the visibility of the driver but they should be visible to riders, other cars, and race officials at all times. Any cars without the stickers seen helping cyclists may result in a penalty or disqualification.