SCHEDULE & PROCEDURES
- 12:00am US-CST - Wed, Nov 1, 2017 - Alaskaman lottery begins.
- 11:59pm US-CST - Tues, Nov 14, 2017 - Alaskaman lottery ends.
- By End of Day - Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - Alaskaman lottery winners drawn. Winners and non winners notified via email and results posted to the website and social media. All winners are given 2-weeks to claim and pay for their entry via an emailed registration link before it is forfeited and given to the next person on the lottery turned waitlist.
- By End of Day - Wed, Nov 29, 2017 - All unclaimed entries will be forfeited and randomly awarded to the lottery turned waitlist.
THE ENTRIES & BREAKDOWN:
We have a total of 320 spots available for the 2018 Alaskaman Extreme Triathlon.
- 300 of them are lottery, 10 are Professional, and 10 are Race Director's Choice at $500 per entry plus processing fees, optional registration insurance, USA Triathlon (governing body) fees, and any add-ons selected by the participant during registration. Registration fees DO NOT include any travel, lodging, food, or anything else beyond event entry and any add-ons that the registrant selects. Professional triathletes get a 50% discount.
- There are 2 lottery draws for the 300 spots. 100 are allocated to Alaska residents and past registrants, support, and volunteers, and 200 are allocated to general lottery that is open to everyone. Those that are not chosen from the smaller/restricted lottery will be automatically added to the General Lottery for a second chance.
- Overall those that are not chosen for either lottery but enter each year consecutively will be given an extra draw for each year they are not selected.
- If you are a professional triathlete wishing to compete you must email us for consideration.
- If you are not selected during the lottery process and believe that you should be considered for one of our 10 Race Director spots, please email us with a short resume and your reasons for consideration.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING:
Read the Athlete Guide.
Read the Support Crew Page of the website and fully understand the requirements and responsibilities of the support crew member(s).
Read, understand, and agree to follow all the Rules & Restrictions of the event. This includes the strictly implemented cutoff times, the no refunds, transfers or deferrals policy, and all the risks associated with the event (outlined on the Athlete Guide, FAQs, and Wildlife Safety Tips pages of the website).