MANDATORY GEAR/EQUIPMENT ITEMS
MANDATORY SWIM GEAR - Athete
- Neoprene Wetsuit - Full Length (must go all the way to wrists, ankles, and neck)
- Neoprene Swim Cap
- Neoprene Socks/Booties (non-webbed)
NON MANDATORY SWIM GEAR - Athlete
- Neoprene Gloves (non-webbed & only allowed 54 degrees or under)
- Vaseline or Aquafor on exposed skin
- Tinted and clear pair so swim goggles for choice based on conditions on event morning
MANDATORY BIKE GEAR - ATHLETE
- US-CPSC Inspected/Stickered Helmet (most helmets in the US meet this standard)
- Sunglasses (tinted or clear) for protection from sun, weather, and debris
- Reflective bright neon cycling jersey or vest.
- Solid front white light - On and visible at all times.
- Blinking red rear light - On and visible at all times.
- Flat changing kit/bag with at least one tube, CO2, bike lever, and Allen Wrench
- Sufficient nutrition and hydration for at least the first 35-miles.
- Cell Phone (charged with Race Joy App Enabled)
- Basic First Aid Kit (only mandatory item that can be carried in support car)
NON MANDATORY BIKE GEAR - ATHLETE OR SUPPORT
- Extra bike lights or at least replacement batteries
- Extra flat changing supplies (if your support can carry a tire pump, even better)
- Extra nutrition and hydration
- Comprehensive large first aid kit
- Comprehensive toolkit
- External battery cell w/charging cable for phone
- Toilet Paper
- Road ID bracelet or anklet (worn by athlete)
- GPS bike computer or wristwatch (worn by athlete)
- Water resistant jacket or thermal base layer
- Arm warmers
- Leg warmers & Tights
- Shoe covers and/or toe covers
- Extra socks
MANDATORY RUN GEAR - ATHLETE- ENTIRE RUN
MANDATORY RUN GEAR - SUPPORT- LAST 7-MILES
- Bear Spray
- Camelback or something similar (to carry all gear/hydration/nutrition and gear below)
- Lightweight, water resistant jacket and/or long sleeve thermal base layer
- Hat - Something, anything, to cover your head. Can be a hat or beanie.
- Running gloves - These don’t have to be super thick or heavy.
- At least sufficient enough nutrition/hydration to make it through the first 11.5 miles and refill at the first nutrition/hydration station provided by the event.
- We will have hydration/nutrtion @ T2 and Mile 11.5, 20, 23, and 27/Finish. Please plan accordingly in between.
- Cell phone (charged/charging with Race Joy App Enabled) must have compass app.
- Small first aid kit (bandages and gauze)
- Small external cell battery and cord for cell phone.
NON MANDATORY RUN GEAR - ATHLETE OR SUPPORT
- Bear Bell and/or Bear Horn
- Hiking Poles
- Trail Shoes
- Toilet Paper
- Bug Repellent
- Extra Socks
- Arm Warmers